Health & Safety Policy Disclosure
Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) is committed to the Health & Safety, and wellbeing of its employees, customers, visitors, contractors, and tenants. The bank aims to provide a safe and secure working environment by embedding Health & Safety practices into our daily operations and ensure alignment to the bank Code of Conduct.
Our Health & Safety policy is implemented in line with the local laws and regulations and recognizes international best practices as well as international guidelines issued by World Health Organization (WHO). The policy describes appropriate standards to ensure Health & Safety risks are controlled within risk tolerance across our workplace. We have also established Health & Safety framework addressing areas related to risk assessments and risk mitigation in order to prevent accidents and protect our employees and assets.
It is the responsibility of all employees to assist the bank with implementing and maintaining these deployed practices and take ownership in reporting any unsafe practice witnessed across the premises.
We are committed to the continuous improvement of Health & Safety performance and increase employees’ awareness by periodically conducting Health & Safety and Security trainings that are reconciled with HR records.
Environmental Policy Disclosure
As a leading Islamic financial institution, Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) seeks to manage its environmental impact, risks and opportunities to protect the environment in which it operates. To provide such assurance, BisB implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) in line with ISO14001:2015 International Standard.
The Environmental Policy sets the foundation of Environmental Management framework and governs main environmental activities that is appropriate to the Bank. It also improves banks’ environmental performance and showcases its commitment to protect the environment and reduces our footprint.
At BisB, we are committed to managing our direct environmental impacts through:
- Meeting our environmental objectives and targets by monitoring, reporting and taking appropriate actions to reduce energy consumption (power & water), greenhouse gas emissions as well as paper consumption and waste;
- Investing in energy efficient technologies;
- Managing our business operations to prevent pollution;
- Managing waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reducing, re-using and recycling – where cost efficient; and
- Giving due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, location and use of buildings.
We aim to work with our suppliers to positively influence their environmental performance by:
- Considering environmental criteria while procuring goods and services;
- Focusing on material outsourcing and high-risk suppliers where we regularly monitor their environmental performance and address environmental issues, risks and opportunities where applicable;
- Increasing suppliers’ awareness on environmental, social and ethical issues as well as risks and opportunities that are relevant to their operations and products; and
- Ensuring our suppliers are abiding to local standards of practice.